2019 DORNEY PARK TRIP INFORMATION
FRIDAY, MAY 24TH (trip takes place rain or shine)!!
6:30AM in the Carusi band room. Please drop your student off in the rear Carusi at door #22.
WHAT TO WEAR
All students are required to wear our Dorney music trip T-shirt (handed out yesterday), shorts and sneakers. Changing of clothing is NOT permitted at any time during the day. Our Carusi trip T shirt must be worn at all times.
WHAT TO BRING
- Instrument & folder
- Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen
- A bagged lunch & snacks (no peanut products please)
- Money for dinner (or enough food for the day)
- A watch and/or phone to keep track of time.
We will be back at Carusi around 8PM. Please park in parking on left side (the side with basketball nets) of the school as you enter to prevent blocking charter buses at we pull in.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Students MUST follow Carusi rules at all times. Students who do not follow rules will be required to sit with a chaperone for the day and disciplined upon return to Carusi.
2. Students are NOT permitted to leave the Park for any reason. Students will not be permitted back on the bus until we leave and must take everything needed for the day into the park.
3. Students are NOT permitted to switch buses at any time for any reason during the day.
4. Students must have their trip t-shirt and shorts on at all times. Students are NOT permitted to change clothes or into bathing suits at any time.
5. A parent chaperone will be stationed at the entrance/exit gate as well as the first aid station at all times. Students can find a chaperone at these locations at all times throughout the day.
6. Students MUST travel in groups of 5 or more at all times while in park. Students in groups smaller than 5 will travel be required to travel with a chaperone.
6:30am - Students report to Carusi cafe (drop off in rear of school)
7:00am - Leave Carusi for Catasauqua High School
9:40am - Arrive Catasauqua High School
9:40am - Show Choir Warm-Up
10:00am - Show Choir Performance
10:25am - Leave for Freedom High School
10:55am - Arrive Freedom High School
10:55am - Symphonic Band Warm-Up
11:20am - Symphonic Band Performance
11:20am - Orchestra Warm-Up
11:45am - Orchestra Performance
11:45am - Jazz Band Warm-Up
12:10pm - Jazz Band Performance
12:35pm - Leave for Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
1:05pm - Arrive at Dorney Park
5:00pm - Meet at park exit gate/depart for Carusi.
8:00pm - Arrival @ Carusi (Please park in parking on left side of the school as you enter to prevent blocking charter buses at we pull in.
- No medication (including motrin/tylenol) can be administered by anyone without a doctor's order. Please contact our school nurse for the necessary information.
- Please note that the school, the festival company and Hershey Park is not responsible for lost or stolen items such as cell phones and iPods, etc. Bring these at your own risk.
- Our charter buses do have bathrooms.
- All performances are open to the public! Parents are welcome to attend all performances but must provide their own transportation.
FIRST STOP LOCATION
Catasauqua High School
2500 W Bullshead Road
Northampton, PA 18067
SECOND STOP LOCATION
Freedom High School
3149 Chester Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18020
FINAL STOP LOCATION
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
3830 Dorney Park Road
Allentown, PA 18104
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
Carusi Middle School: 856.667.1220
Music In The Parks: 800.323.0974
Dorney Park: 610.395.3724